The Gimme Grip Strap™ is ideal for the photographer who wants the stability of a hand strap with freedom of movement!
OP/TECH USA's Gimme Grip Strap™ is the accessory that active photographers have been waiting for. As many photographers are using quick-release plates to go from a handheld position to tripod shooting in an instant, the Gimme Grip Strap™ is an ideal solution. It uses a Uni-Loop Connector to attach easily to many brands of quick-release plates that offer a strap connection area. If the camera itself has an extra attachment area located on the grip, then a quick-release plate is not needed at all to attach the lower part of the Gimme Grip Strap™.
The Gimme Grip Strap™ also attaches to the normal strap attachment area on the upper part of the camera to give added stability. For this attachment area we offer two options: regular fit (Uni-Loop Connector) and tight/short fit (Special attachment system) for smaller hands. Both options are fully compatible with most OP/TECH USA neck straps, wrist straps and harnesses! This versatility gives photographers the freedom to switch to their preferred shooting setup in just seconds.
The Gimme Grip Strap™ has a 3-position adjustable elastic wrist strap that offers a secure grip without compromising the ability to easily access all camera and view screen controls or shooting positions. Its comfortable fit and design offers the assurance against dropping expensive gear without the feeling of being chained to it!
|E-Z Grip Strap™|
|# of Connection Points||Two|
|Connection Type||Base plate and Uni-Loop™|
|Strap Length||Adjustable 12"–16" (including Uni-Loop™) (30,4cm - 40,6cm)|
|Pad Dimensions||8.25" x 2" (folded) (20,9cm x 5cm)|
|Materials||Elastic strap with non-marring snaps|
|Made in the USA||Yes|
|6701262||Gimme Grip Strap™||Black||$19.95|
The Gimme Grip Strap™ consists of the following components:
A) An elastic wrist strap, B) Two (2) Uni-Loop™ Connectors, C) a leather tab, screw and post, D) a male quick disconnect, and E) an Adapt-It™ Connector.
Please note that not all hardware will be used for all applications.
Option 1: Standard fit [Uses 1 Uni-Loop (B)]
1. Thread Uni-Loop™ through connection point on camera.
2. Thread quick disconnect through opening of Uni-Loop™ Connector.
3. Pull quick disconnect to tighten knot.
Option 2: Tighter fit or for Smaller Hands [Uses Parts (C & D) or (C, D & E) in lieu of the upper Uni-Loop™ Connector]
1. Slip the Adapt-It™ connector (E) through the camera’s strap lug. If your camera has a split ring connector (ie. Nikon) you will not need the Adapt-It™.
2. Slip the leather tab (C) through the slot on the quick disconnect and fold it in half to align the two holes.
3. Locate the post through the leather tab and Adapt-It Connector or split ring.
4. Using two screwdrivers, drive the screw into the post. There will be some resistance. This is what keeps the screw from coming unfastened unexpectedly.
Option 1. Attach the 2nd Uni-Loop™ Connector (B) to a base plate (not included) which features a connection area.
Option 2. For cameras with a third connection area located on the lower grip, use the Uni-Loop™ Connector.
1. Attach the elastic strap (A) to the Uni-Loop™ Connectors.
The female quick disconnect attached to the leather goes to the top.
2. Slip the elastic strap over your wrist.
There are three snap positions available to customize the fit.